Hybrid Mittens– PDF Link
This is a very simple mitten pattern knitted flat and seamed up the side. It is also available in the round.
Using a worsted wt. yarn and a size 8 needle.
CO 28 st. Work desired cuff length (I did 1 ½ in) in 1x ribbing (k1,p1)
Work mitten body:
- K11,Knit in front of stitch and in back of stitch (KFB),K4,KFB,K11 (30st)
- K12,KFB,K4,KFB,K12 (32st)
- K13,KFB,K4,KFB,K13 (34st)
- K14,KFB,K4,KFB,K14 (36st)
- Purl 21, place 6 purled st on holder (the ones that were just purled), purl rest of row
- K15,CO2,K15 (32st)
Continue in Stockinette st until stockinette section measures 4in.
- BO 16 st using a purl BO, P 16 (remaining 16 st)
- K 16, CO16
- P (all 32 st)
Continue to work in Stockinette st until desired length minus ½ in.
View original post 145 more words